Trim down and tone up!
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:15 pm
- 10 Week Program starts Oct. 2 in the Fitness Corner Studio
- FREE to members
- Non-members $80 one class per week or $125 two classes per week
Call 519-832-6651 to sign up or CLICK HERE to sign up online!
A big thank you to all the volunteers, participants and their sponsors at the Terry Fox Run 2014! It was another successful event! Just over $12,000 raised!
TERRY’S TEAM MEMBER 2014
- Jake Walton
COURSE MARSHALLING and WATER STATIONS:
- John Prinsen, Faye and Neil Menage, Ann and Alex Thain, Vickie Vance, Tara Gaunt, Tori Lammie
- Bob Hunter, Bob Love Frank Vanderzwet, Eric Tisler, Matt Jesso
- Rieko Moorehead, Holly Vanderzwet, Tiffany And Sadie Krause
MEDIA AND PHOTOS
- Shoreline Beacon, Saugeen Times, Jen O’Reailly, Neil Menage
- Nanci Cameron
- Michele Hunter, Tia Jesso, Allison O’Neill, Sue Glass, Becky Lutz, Nicole Hunter, Shelly Vance, Kathy Reece
FINISH LINE CHEER TEAM
- Murray and Joyce Thede
- Dolores Spielmacher, Maria Bertrand
- Hills Insurance, Fitness Corner (food), STFC Km Markers
- Jane Rae, Karen Alberts
ENTERTAINMENT By “ROUGH IDEA”
- Wayne Marks, Sandy Nelson, Bill Harper, Eric Tisler, Jim Scurfield
Buy One Get One FREE! Buy a single session of baby sitting and get one FREE or buy a baby sitting punch card and get another entire punch card for FREE! Offer ends September 30! Don’t miss out!
Another annual Can Fit Pro (Canadian Fitness Professionals) conference has come and gone. I have attended 20 out of 21 of these conferences and prior to that I was part of CAIN ( the Canadian Aerobic Instructors Network) and attended their conferences for almost 10 years. Yes, I have been in the fitness “biz” for many years. I must have started young. The number of fitness instructors, personal trainers, and club owners attending these conferences continues to rise each year. 10,000 this year. Toronto hasn’t seen that many energetic people, with toned physiques in spandex clothing, brightly coloured runners and carrying yoga mats, ever I’d say.
Looking around in the classes at the conference you see people of all ages, shapes and sizes but also many, many very fit people. You get a sense that people today are quite fit. But then, walking back to the hotel, on the streets of Toronto, mixing with the general population, you realize that most people today really are not very fit and therefore probably not very healthy. So if there are more people choosing fitness as a profession, not only getting fitter themselves but also helping others to do so, shouldn’t the general population be getting fitter? Well apparently not. Here are some stats learned at this year’s conference. More than 50 % of North Americans are obese. By the year 2020 that will rise to 80%. Obesity is considered a disease. But one that can be prevented. If a child has one overweight parent, the child’s chance of being overweight as well is 50%. If both parents are overweight, that jumps to an 80% chance for the child. Adult diseases such as diabetes and heart disease due to being overweight are now being seen in children. 75% of the world is sedentary. Only 12-15 % of a population will join a fitness facility. This is not uplifting news, although it should keep those of us in the business with no shortage of work. We just need to get more people moving more often. Sounds simple. Can’t be or those stats wouldn’t be what they are. Get moving and get your kids moving. Do it for your health as well as theirs. Active kids usually come from active parents. Continue reading
Starts Sept. 18 – for 8 weeks
- Mondays at Fitness Corner
- Thursdays at Fitness Corner South
A fitness class that allows mom to workout with her baby. Also suitable for expectant mothers. Have more kids? Babysitting is available! This 1 hour class incorporates cardio, core work and light muscle conditioning. Babies must be at least 6 weeks old.
Early Bird Price (by Sept. 16)
- Member: 1 Day: $40 • 2 Days $60
- Non Member: 1 Day: $65 • 2 Days $100 (plus HST)
Later Price (after Sept. 16)
- Member: 1 Day: $45 • 2 Days $65
- Non Member: 1 Day: $75 • 2 Days $110 (plus HST)
Avoid disappointment! Pre-registration required!